
Ah Ling, one of six students who featured in the coming-of-age documentary To My Nineteen-Year-Old Self, said she was only notified by Ying Wa Girls’ School on Friday that the film would be screened at the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy, this month.
The school also did not address her concerns over whether sections featuring her had been taken out, she added.
Advertisement
“I do not consent to the film being screened in any form,” she told pop culture magazine Wave.
She said no one had consulted her about the film being shown at the festival.
Advertisement
The documentary, co-directed by Ying Wa alumna Mabel Cheung Yuen-ting, was part of a fundraising campaign by the prestigious school to reconstruct its campus. It tracked six students for a decade and featured their personal journeys amid turbulent times.
The work was released in February 2023, but was withdrawn from cinemas just a few days later after Ah Ling wrote to Ming Pao Weekly complaining that the film was screened without her consent.

Don't Miss:
-
Israel targets ‘terrorist’ in southern Syria; Damascus condemns attack
-
7 dead in UK after vehicle travelling in wrong direction hits police car
-
Ukrainian drones kill at least 10, hit warehouse of Russian online retailer Ozon
-
Canada’s PM hits back with new US tariffs after trade talks fail
-
Elderly woman allegedly pressured into spending HK$100,000 on beauty products

After Years of Waiting, Noel Tata Presides Unchallenged over India’s Biggest Business
Despite years of confiscations, the Met still holds hundreds of pieces linked to alleged trafficking and looting figures
Ex-Evergrande Boss Hui Ka Yan gets Life in Prison