
US President Donald Trump said on Thursday the tallest bridge in Iran had been destroyed, hours after threatening to bomb the country “back to the Stone Ages”.
Ghodratollah Seif, the deputy governor of Alborz province, where the B1 bridge is located, said the strike had killed eight people and wounded 95 others, according to state TV and Fars news agency.
Due to reporting restrictions, Agence France-Presse is not able to access the sites of strikes nor to independently verify tolls in Iran.
Advertisement
Trump posted footage on social media of smoke rising from the B1 bridge in Karaj, around 35km (20 miles) southwest of Tehran – and warned that there would be further destruction unless Iran comes to the table to end the five-week war.
“The biggest bridge in Iran comes tumbling down, never to be used again – Much more to follow! IT IS TIME FOR IRAN TO MAKE A DEAL BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, AND THERE IS NOTHING LEFT OF WHAT STILL COULD BECOME A GREAT COUNTRY!” Trump said.
Advertisement
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a post on X: “Striking civilian structures, including unfinished bridges, will not compel Iranians to surrender.

Don't Miss:
-
Vance and Rubio emerge as early contenders to inherit Trump’s Republican Party
-
India raises diesel, petrol prices for third time in 8 days, amid tense US-Iran ceasefire
-
Is China building the world’s largest naval support ship?
-
Three Mexican Meth Cooks Arrested at Drug Lab in Nigeria
-
New Zealand to invest almost US$1 billion in drones, ships to protect maritime security

Trump, Xi, and a Defining Moment for the World
David Lapp on the Case Against Forcing Residential Consumers to Pay for Skyrocketing Data Center Costs
Elizabeth Burch on the Dark Side of the Tort Bar