
For now, Beijing’s priority should be to deny the US the chance to “redirect attention towards China” and let Washington’s own actions do the work, some analysts have argued.
Advertisement
“We got no help, zero from Nato,” Trump said on Friday. “You know, we spent trillions of dollars in Nato. We got no help.”
On Friday, the US president announced that around 5,000 troops would be pulled out of Germany over the next six to 12 months, after Chancellor Friedrich Merz said Washington had been “humiliated” by Iran and lacked a coherent strategy.
Advertisement
A day earlier, Trump also floated the idea of cutting American troop numbers in Italy and Spain, saying: “Why shouldn’t I? Italy has not been of any help to us and Spain has been horrible, absolutely horrible.”

Don't Miss:
-
China and US push Southeast Asia over their AI blocs. Will it test region’s non-alignment?
-
Man armed with sword injures several at Swedish high school
-
Ex-care home worker accused of raping intellectually disabled woman 5 times
-
Tesla forced to recall record 3 million cars in China over door-handle issue
-
OpenAI-backed legal tech firm pivots to Chinese Kimi K3 open-weight model

After Years of Waiting, Noel Tata Presides Unchallenged over India’s Biggest Business
Despite years of confiscations, the Met still holds hundreds of pieces linked to alleged trafficking and looting figures
Ex-Evergrande Boss Hui Ka Yan gets Life in Prison