
China may have “little to lose” from talks between the United States and North Korea which, analysts say, may lead to Washington watering down its security commitments.
Citing his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, Trump said Pyongyang had been “unthreatening and respectful”, adding that Seoul had said “No thanks!” when asked to join the US in the “denuclearisation” of Iran.
Following Trump’s order, the South Korean defence ministry announced that the joint exercise would end on Friday, six days earlier than initially planned, while also cancelling counter-attack exercises and scaling back field training.
The US leader also said he wanted to meet Kim, whom he met twice during his first term in office, later this year.
He also added that North Korea possessed 57 “very powerful” nuclear weapons.

Don't Miss:
-
Israel targets ‘terrorist’ in southern Syria; Damascus condemns attack
-
7 dead in UK after vehicle travelling in wrong direction hits police car
-
Ukrainian drones kill at least 10, hit warehouse of Russian online retailer Ozon
-
Canada’s PM hits back with new US tariffs after trade talks fail
-
Elderly woman allegedly pressured into spending HK$100,000 on beauty products

After Years of Waiting, Noel Tata Presides Unchallenged over India’s Biggest Business
Despite years of confiscations, the Met still holds hundreds of pieces linked to alleged trafficking and looting figures
Ex-Evergrande Boss Hui Ka Yan gets Life in Prison