
The UN International Maritime Organization paused its programme to shepherd ships and seafarers through the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday after a cargo ship reported a suspected attack, reigniting fears over a preliminary deal to end the Iran war.
“A cargo vessel has been hit on the starboard side by an unknown projectile, causing damage to the bridge. Master has reported no casualties and no environmental impact,” British navy agency UKMTO said.
Iran was behind the attack on the ship, two US officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
There was no immediate comment from Iran on the incident. Four sources identified the ship as the Singapore-flagged Ever Lovely. A security source said it was likely to have been targeted by a drone.
The vessel reported being struck on its starboard side by a projectile 7.5 nautical miles southeast of Oman’s port of Dahit, UKMTO said.
The IMO was helping to get hundreds of stranded ships and thousands of seafarers out of the strait where they had been stranded for months since the start of the war in late February.

Don't Miss:
-
Russian drone strikes on Ukraine shopping centre kill 16, injure 130
-
Young Chinese women dye armpit hair as fashion statement and expression of bodily autonomy
-
Hong Kong physiotherapists face job crunch amid oversupply and budget cuts
-
Why Hong Kong’s SK Hynix fund stayed at full leverage amid market volatility
-
Malaysia’s Anwar traded reform for power. Now Umno wants it all

After Years of Waiting, Noel Tata Presides Unchallenged over India’s Biggest Business
Despite years of confiscations, the Met still holds hundreds of pieces linked to alleged trafficking and looting figures
Ex-Evergrande Boss Hui Ka Yan gets Life in Prison