
Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz said on Sunday that the military had been instructed to use “full force” in Lebanon – even during the continuing ceasefire – should Israeli troops face any threat.
“Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and I have instructed the IDF to act with full force, both on the ground and from the air, including during the ceasefire, in order to protect our soldiers in Lebanon from any threat,” Katz said at a function in the occupied West Bank.
Later in the day, the army said its troops had killed an “armed terrorist” who “violated the ceasefire understandings by crossing the Forward Defence Line and approaching IDF soldiers, posing an immediate threat”.
Advertisement
Katz also said the military had been ordered to demolish any structure or roads that were “booby-trapped” and threatened soldiers.
The army would likewise “remove the houses in the contact villages near the border that served in every respect as Hezbollah terror outposts and threatened Israeli communities”, he added.
Advertisement
An Israeli soldier was killed in southern Lebanon on Friday – after the 10-day ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon came into effect – when he entered a booby-trapped building, the military reported.

Don't Miss:
-
China and US push Southeast Asia over their AI blocs. Will it test region’s non-alignment?
-
Man armed with sword injures several at Swedish high school
-
Ex-care home worker accused of raping intellectually disabled woman 5 times
-
Tesla forced to recall record 3 million cars in China over door-handle issue
-
OpenAI-backed legal tech firm pivots to Chinese Kimi K3 open-weight model

After Years of Waiting, Noel Tata Presides Unchallenged over India’s Biggest Business
Despite years of confiscations, the Met still holds hundreds of pieces linked to alleged trafficking and looting figures
Ex-Evergrande Boss Hui Ka Yan gets Life in Prison