
US President Donald Trump said on Saturday that a deal with Iran, including opening the Strait of Hormuz, has been “largely negotiated” after calls with Israel and other allies in the region.
“Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly,” Trump said on social media, with no details on timing.
He said he had spoken with leaders from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Jordan and Bahrain, and separately with Israel.
Advertisement
He described it as a “Memorandum of Understanding pertaining to PEACE” that still must be finalised by the United States, Iran and the other countries that took part in Saturday’s talks.
Trump had said in a phone interview with CBS earlier on Saturday that the US and Iran were “getting a lot closer” to an agreement to end the war in the Middle East.
Advertisement
But he also warned that if the US and Iran did not come to an agreement, “we’re going to have a situation where no country will ever be hit as hard as they’re about to be hit”.

Don't Miss:
-
2 tourists killed in South Africa’s Kruger National Park, police say
-
Ukraine demands emergency Security Council meeting over Russia strikes
-
Israeli fire kills parents and their baby in Gaza refugee camp, officials say
-
China merges lunar programmes as race to moon with US heats up after latest SpaceX launch
-
Yemen family eats tree leaves as aid dies out

Trump, Xi, and a Defining Moment for the World
David Lapp on the Case Against Forcing Residential Consumers to Pay for Skyrocketing Data Center Costs
Elizabeth Burch on the Dark Side of the Tort Bar