
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that Israel had almost completed a key goal of the war in Gaza – eliminating all those responsible for orchestrating the October 7 attack.
His remarks followed the Israeli military’s announcement that Ezzedine al-Haddad, commander of Hamas’ armed wing, had been killed in an air strike in Gaza on Friday.
In the aftermath of the October 7 assault, Netanyahu pledged to target and eliminate the masterminds behind the attacks, which, according to an Agence France-Presse tally based on official Israeli figures, resulted in the deaths of 1,221 people.
Advertisement
“I promised that every single architect of the massacre and the hostage-taking would be eliminated down to the last one, and we are very close to completing this mission,” Netanyahu said during the weekly cabinet meeting, describing Haddad as a “despicable terrorist”.
Since Hamas’s cross-border assault, the Israeli military and intelligence services have waged a campaign targeting the group’s senior political leaders and militant commanders in Gaza and across the region.
Advertisement
During the war triggered by the Hamas attacks, Israel has claimed responsibility for assassinating several Hamas leaders, including the group’s former political chief Ismail Haniyeh.

Don't Miss:
-
German police kill escaped tiger, animal handler seriously injured
-
Around 10 ‘new’ victims in France’s Epstein investigation, Paris prosecutor says
-
South Korea weighs arbitration to avoid Samsung semiconductor plant strike
-
Hong Kong ramps up health checks for travellers from Africa after Ebola outbreak
-
Wang Xiaodong, derided over Covid-19 handling, comes under corruption cloud

Alleged cryptocurrency Ponzi scheme ‘goddess’ extradited from Thailand to face conspiracy charges in US
Douglas Farrar on Corporate Crime as a Major Political Issue in 2028
When China’s Appetite Reshaped a Region