
Security was tightened in South Africa’s Kruger National Park nature reserve after two tourists were found killed there, authorities said on Sunday.
The two South African victims, a 71-year-old man and a woman whose age was not disclosed, failed to return to their lodge on Wednesday evening, prompting a search operation.
Other tourists eventually found them in a river on Friday afternoon. Police said the man had stab wounds and the woman’s body was bruised. Their car was missing.
Advertisement
South Africa National Parks said it was “deploying additional monitoring and ranger resources in specific areas of concern” in response.
It added that it was “enhancing technology systems to strengthen surveillance and early warning capabilities”.
Advertisement
It said it was the first time in the park’s 100-year history that visitors had been killed there.

Don't Miss:
-
Ukraine demands emergency Security Council meeting over Russia strikes
-
Israeli fire kills parents and their baby in Gaza refugee camp, officials say
-
China merges lunar programmes as race to moon with US heats up after latest SpaceX launch
-
Yemen family eats tree leaves as aid dies out
-
Hong Kong’s first astronaut Lai Ka-ying lifts off into space on Shenzhou-23 mission

Trump, Xi, and a Defining Moment for the World
David Lapp on the Case Against Forcing Residential Consumers to Pay for Skyrocketing Data Center Costs
Elizabeth Burch on the Dark Side of the Tort Bar